AppDictions App Review
Tweets Aloud is a new application that reads your Twitter feeds aloud using a text –to-speech technology. This hands-free technology gives you the ability to listen to all your tweets hands-free while you’re driving, walking, cooking, working out, etc. Tweet Aloud has some great features like an easy-to-understand woman’s voice , tap around and read random tweet functionality, the ready only of new incoming tweets option, ability to play, pause, skip forward/backwards, and much more.
This app not only brings great features, but safety as well. The growing problem with using your mobile device while driving has increased and become very dangerous. This app solves that problem and allows you to stay connected while keeping your hands on the steering wheel and your eyes on the road.
Tweets Aloud was design and developed perfectly. It offers seamless integration with your twitter account and contacts. We highly recommend Tweets Aloud and hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Tweets Aloud Pro is a personalized “News Radio” that can read aloud your friends’ tweets directly to you. Tweets Aloud Pro reads your Twitter feed aloud so that you can stay connected with everyone you’re following anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech technology, you can listen hands-free to everything your friends say in a soothing voice when you’re driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
MacWorld said about its sister app Friends Aloud: “Facebook has been striving to be all things to all people: an e-mail service, a newspaper, even a place to share videos. But it hasn’t been a radio station—until now.”
Wall Street Journal said about Friends Aloud: “If you need to be abreast of the updates that continually bombard your Facebook account, a new iPhone application has been released called Friends Aloud which might help you stay on top of all those updates, by reading the your Facebook updates out loud to you.”
Tweets Aloud Pro features:
- Read aloud your latest Twitter feed in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
- Display each tweet on the screen, so that you can tap around to read tweets at random
- Automatically shift to reading only new incoming tweets for as long as you leave the app running
- Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPod
- Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
- Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
- Mute tweets from friends or “liked pages” that you prefer to skip
- Use standard Twitter login to connect with your friends
- Read as far back in time as you wish by tapping “Older tweets”
Why use Tweets Aloud?
- Listen to your Twitter feed while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
- Keep your eyes on the road so that you don’t get pulled over for “texting while driving” or – worse – cause an accident
- Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your Twitter feed
You can try some of these great features via the free version Tweets Aloud Lite. It has many of the same capabilities of Tweets Aloud Pro and reads aloud using the same lilting, easy-to-understand voice, but it contains advertising and is limited to reading aloud only the latest 10 messages at any one time.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2.2 or later