AppDictions App Review
Top Camera will quite simply help you take better photographs. We were completely blown away by all of the options and settings – more than I have on my actual camera! Light balance is an important aspect for taking and working with high quality images and Top Camera puts an emphasis on these. Be sure to check out the FAQ when unsure how to use any settings.
Tools such as timer settings, shutter speed, HDR, exposure box, stabilizer and more will not only teach you invaluable picture taking techniques, but will actually aid in the physical taking of the picture. Once you have taken your picture you can open your folders and use the comprehensive photo editor. Unless you are involved with some serious photo retouching and production, you won’t even need any expensive photo editing software – and this is the true value of the app; all in one. Transferring and sharing photos is also a breeze.
Aggressively priced at just $0.99; Lucky Clan has done really well with this one. All of these robust features make Top Camera for iPad a must have for the weekend photographer and the seasoned professional alike.
LAUNCH SALE – 66% OFF
Create beautiful photographs using this full-featured camera app designed for the advanced photographer, the beginner and everyone in between.
“An essential camera replacement app.” – AppAdvice.com
It combines features found in numerous camera apps and a few unique features and displays them in a no-nonsense, easy to use interface that allows you to concentrate on your creative side. An excellent HDR (High Dynamic Range) feature, VIDEO RECORDING, amazing SLOW SHUTTER mode and the use of FOLDERS for file management make it unique among the all camera apps. Folders, sharing, editing and effects add a whole different dimension you enter when you are finished in the full-featured shooting mode.
Top Camera’s ease of use and set of features will make it your go-to, Page 1 camera app.
App was designed in cooperation with Artist / Photographer, David Scott Leibowitz to bring you the highest quality in every detail. An extraordinary amount of time was spent designing the interface, to make it as beautiful and intuitive as possible
- portrait and landscape orientation supported
- file sharing integration
- save images to the internal gallery, in system ‘Photos’ or in both
In shooting mode, the app provides a host of visual aids to help you take the best photograph possible – quick, intuitive controls, indicator to define exposure, Auto White Balance switch and many more.
- Video recording
- Burst – rapid burst (about 6 photos per second) for low and medium quality
- HDR – Auto and Manual mode available with using align algorithm
- SLOW SHUTTER – Auto, Manual and Light trail modes with exposure control
- FOLDERS – organize your photos into folders. You can create new folder, delete, reorder, export, change names and move photos from one folder to another.
- Zoom slider
- AWB – lock
- Screen Button
- Virtual Horizon – Provides a visual leveling bar to keep your images straight.
- Exposure box
3. PHOTO GALLERY
Clicking the picture icon in the lower left corner brings you into the world of Folders, Viewing, Editing and Sharing. When you enter this section of the app, you see the contents of selected folder.
- Export – paste image to clipboard, export to photos or send by e-mail
- Share – send one or more images to FACEBOOK, TWITTER, YOUTUBE, DROPBOX or FLICKR.
- Add new photos – import from ‘Photos’, paste from clipboard or duplicate selected image
- “Select” mode – when you switch to select mode you can quickly select many images, and then delete them, change folder, send by e-mail, share on Facebook/Twitter/YouTube/Dropbox/Flickr, export to ‘Photos’ and copy to clipboard
“View” button, or double tap on thumbnail will bring up the folder’s images for fullscreen viewing and also give you info options to see the photo’s metadata including a GPS map view.
- full resolution preview
- display image info
- display GPS location in Maps
5. PHOTO EDITOR
Tap on “Edit” button to open powerful photo editor. Here you can crop an image, fix your common photo problems like bad lighting, low contrast, fuzzy colors, apply special effects and add frame. If you are not happy, you can always revert to original image.
- crop – free mode, keep ratio, square, 2×3, 3×4, 9×16, golden proportions
- rotate – rotate 90 degrees left/right, flip horizontal/vertical
- adjust – use sliders to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation, improve (definition, sharpen), temperature, tint, shadows, highlights
- effect – choose one of 36 amazing effects like pencil drawing, auto contrast, sepia, greyscale, retro, grunge, lomo and many more
- borders – add simple border, vignette or edge blur
Compatible with iPad 2 Wi-Fi and iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.