AppDictions App Review
Everyone has had those times when they need to know more about the status and activity of their device. Luckily, System Status is here to help. When you fire up the app you are taken to the Overview screen; and as the name suggests it is an overview of the status and usage currently present on your device. These include:
Battery Status – Find out your current juice percentage, see what has been using your battery the most, and how long your device has been on standby, audio playback, video, Wi-Fi etc.
Disk Usage – Tells you how much disk space you have used up. It gives you the numbers in actual GB, your percentage of used and free space (this is also displayed as a bar at the top of the section).
CPU Usage – Shows the current load on your device’s processor.. System Status breaks this down by CPU used by the system, user, and idle. This, too gives you percentages for each, and average loads.
System Uptime – gives you a boot time (how long your device took to turn on last time you booted it up) and total uptime since you switched it on.
Connections – Shows your IP address for internet, default gateway, a list of connections and a routing table.
Wi-Fi Information – Tells you if wi-fi is currently active, your MAC address and Network IP.
At the bottom of the screen, there is a collection of other activities to view, but much more in-depth. The first one is Memory usage which gives you absolutely tons of info on different things having to do with your RAM usage. The next one is a list of processes so you can see what your device is currently running and how long. There is also a Details section which gives you a list of features that your device has, like CPU/GPU models, Screen Resolution, Battery info, Camera info and the list goes on.
With it’s sleek and easy to use interface, I can’t think of a single more effective app for checking your devices status. Whether you are a Tech Head or just want to check battery status and disk usage, System Status is an all-round winner!
System Status is the ultimate application for monitoring and optimizing your device’s performance. It provides information starting from the most basic device status parameters such as battery and disk usage, network connections and carrier information, and ending with advanced system data such as kernel version, memory page statistics, routing table, system log and CPU cache information.
Moreover, you can use System Status to optimize your system performance by releasing the system memory or browse the system log to see if something is going wrong on your device.
Essential: “System Status provides one of the cleanest and most efficient interfaces for an app of this kind.” – AppAdvice.com
- Full iOS 4 multitasking support
- Universal binary – full support of all iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad models
- Graphics optimized both for retina and older displays for pixel perfect graphics
- Well-arranged user interface so the most frequently used information available immediately
- Use of color coding for indicators and graphs to improve readability
- Real time updates of the display every time the monitored parameters change
- Export of device info by email
- Both landscape and portrait mode under iPad
- Copy/paste support
- Detailed help
- Graphical battery level display
- Battery state monitoring (discharging, charging, full)
- Estimated battery work time for different usage patterns (standby, audio and video playback, Wi-Fi and 3G browser usage, talk time)
- Adjustable battery health to make the estimated work times usable for older batteries
- Optional full charge sound alert
MEMORY AND DISK MONITORING
- System memory releasing
- Real time memory usage monitoring – graphical display of wired, active, inactive and free memory
- Detailed page statistics including page ins and outs, page faults, page lookups, page purges and others
- Used and free disk capacity monitoring
- File statistics (number of songs, videos, podcasts, artists, genres, etc.)
CELL AND NETWORK MONITORING
- 3G and Wi-Fi network connection information
- IP and MAC addresses of the current connection
- Carrier information such as network provider and MCC/MNC codes
- External IP address
- Default gateway
- Routing table
- List of all network connections
PROCESS AND CPU MONITORING
- List of all running processes with detailed information about each of them including process name, run time, priority, PID and PPID
- CPU usage updated in real time
- Average load over the last 1, 5 and 15 minutes
OPERATING SYSTEM AND HARDWARE INFORMATION
- System log with device status and error messages
- System boot time and uptime
- Operating system and kernel version
- Device model, user name and UDID
- Detailed CPU and GPU information – model, core number, CPU and BUS frequency, L1, L2 cache sizes and others
- Hardware features of the device including display resolution, pixel density, battery voltage, battery capacity, front and rear camera resolution and many more
YouTube video: http://youtu.be/tXBT7t_VLms
Facebook fan page: www.facebook.com/SystemStatusApp
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later