AppDictions App Review
Bring the party with you wherever you go with Sample Lab! A feature-rich sampler/sequencer, Sample Lab helps you create high quality sample tracks by mixing variations of recorded audio, tambourine, cymbal synth, bass drum, snare reverb, bass slide, and synth rise. Select your recorded sample or voice track and easily move it right into your favorite track at any time. Sample Lab is also great for creating fist pumping beats instantly. Multi-touch pads allow for tapping in patterns or free-styling. Record layered loops on the spot, trigger samples, control multiple FX patterns at one time to create a unique mix to keep the party going. With over 100 samples to start with, let your inner DJ out with Sample Lab!
Sample Lab is a full-featured sampler/sequencer made exclusively for iPad. With a professional set of features packed into a simple, multi-touch interface you can skip the learning curve and start making tracks within minutes.
- Record your own samples, or import wav & mp3 files using iTunes.
- Professional quality pitch-shifting preserves sample length and formants while giving you 2 full octaves from any sample; without chipmunking.
- Pinch-zoom precision sample editor lets you select your audio and drag it right onto a track.
- 8 stereo tracks @ 44.1kHz with per-beat volume and pitch control.
- Copy/Pasteboard support for sharing audio with other apps.
- Mixdown to WAV & upload to SoundCloud.
- Audio Multitasking: Sample Lab will continue to play audio after you switch apps.
- Multi-touch trigger pads for tapping in patterns or stand alone performance.
- 4 real-time DSP FX: compressor, bit crusher, resonant cutoff, and phaser.
- Multi-touch sequencer lets you build a composition with ease.
- Shuffle control for simple syncopation.
- More than 100 samples included to get you started.
- Punch-in loopbox style recording on each track allowing for recording layers of loops live.
- MIDI input support: trigger samples and record beats with a MIDI controller to get variable velocity and lower latency.
- Use MIDI to punch-in/out for pedalboard hands-free looping.
- Plug & play support for Akai LPD8 and Behringer FCB1010.
Sample Lab was made to fit into your live set. You can:
- Trigger samples or tap un-mute for percussive slam fading
- Slice up a beat
- Load a different composition or sample kit
- Control 8 FX parameters at once with X/Y axis controls
- Record and drop-in layers of beatbox or harmonizing vocals
- …all without stopping the music.
For more info, check out the demo videos at http://samplelabapp.com
Send any questions, comments, suggestions to email@example.com
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.2 or later.