AppDictions App Review
Developers Kid e-story book is quickly becoming a household name in the educational app category. Sarah-Jane Honeywell of BBC fame is back to narrate Open Wide Snap, the latest release in children’s educational story books. Open Wide Snap is tale, no pun intended, about a little old crocodile in need of dental hygiene. This story is well written and suitable for children, but also teaches valuable lessons like the importance of brushing your teeth and interacting with strangers.
Open Wide Snap comes priced at just $1.99 and has the same great features that you expect from this series. The speed is a suitable pace for a toddler and the words are highlighted as they are read aloud and the user ultimately controls when the page is turned. You can even highlight a word to hear the proper pronunciation. Along the way icons pop up which you can touch to get additional information and sounds. The games tab features a matching game and puzzles.
With the incredible volume of children’s educational apps hitting the market these days – some are bad, some good, and Open Wide Snap along with Hide Run Growl and the entire collection from Fiona Treweeke and Kid e-story book are simply must haves for your children.
‘I gave Hide Run Growl five stars and this app is the same quality, with an even better story, so Open Wide Snap becomes just the third ebook to get our highest rating. Highly recommended!’ www.smartappsforkids.com
‘Open Wide Snap comes comes from the same developer that brought us Hide Run Growl, 4 out of 5 for this app. Look forward to more from this developer.’ iphoneglance.com
- Kids build reading confidence and become better readers with words that highlight as they are read
- Animated and Interactive, words that zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- Professional voice narration by British Children’s celebrity Sarah-Jane Honeywell from BBC CBeebies TV shows
- Original rhyming story and beautifully animated illustrations
“I know you’re game and it’s all a trick, you’ll open up wide and snap me up quick”
This crocodile needs to clean his teeth before they all go bad. But he just can’t reach all the ones at the back. The crocodile decides to find a helper. He meets many animals on his journey, but none of them are keen to help a reptile of his reputation – except for one…
Designed to suit children aged 2-7, Open Wide Snap is beautifully illustrated, simply animated and functionally educational. Kids can choose to read the story themselves or have it read to them with words highlighting as the audio is played. The app also features some fun interactive puzzles. The story uses effective repetition and rhyme to deliver subtle messages about trust, friendship and other positive social behaviours.
- Read to me – perfect for toddlers who love to be read to, but can also see the words highlighted as they are read
- Read it myself – great for more established readers who want to read alone, but can still touch a word if they get stuck, perfect for parents to read to their child
- Games – puzzles and pairs with characters from the book will help your child excel in, problem solving, concentration, memory and linguistic skills.
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 4.3 or later.