AppDictions App Review
Is Facebook a big part of your life? If you answered yes we have a great app that will improve your user experience. VoiZapp recently released an iPhone app called Message Aloud, that provides a “personalized news radio” to Facebook massaging users. So what does Message Aloud do??? The app reads aloud your latest Facebook message, ability to scroll around the screen or tap to read messages at random, play, pause, and skip forward or backwards functionality, even hear text-style abbreviations like LOL or LMAO.
Message Aloud has all the components that we need to stay connected with our virtual Facebook life. The user interface is easy-to-use and understand. It is currently listed in the app store for $1.99 and absolutely worth the price. The technology and functionally packed in this app make it one-of-a-kind.
Messsages Aloud Pro is a personalized “News Radio” that can read aloud your friends’ messages directly to you. Messages Aloud Pro reads your latest Facebook messages aloud so that you can stay connected with your friends anytime, anywhere. Using state of the art text-to-speech technology, you can listen hands-free to everything your friends say in a soothing voice when you’re driving, walking, working out, or just relaxing.
MacWorld said about its sister app Friends Aloud: “Facebook has been striving to be all things to all people: an e-mail service, a newspaper, even a place to share videos. But it hasn’t been a radio station—until now.”
Wall Street Journal said about Friends Aloud: “If you need to be abreast of the updates that continually bombard your Facebook account, a new iPhone application has been released called Friends Aloud which might help you stay on top of all those updates, by reading the your Facebook updates out loud to you.”
Messages Aloud Pro features:
- Read aloud your latest Facebook messages in a pleasant, easy-to-understand young woman’s voice
- Display each message on the screen, so that you can tap around to read messages at random
- Automatically shift to reading only new incoming messages for as long as you leave the app running
- Intuitive play, pause, and skip forward/back buttons, just like the iPod
- Continue reading aloud while in the background, just like the iPod
- Understand and read some common computer jargon such as smiley faces, texting-style abbreviations (LOL, ROTFLMAO, etc.)
- Mute messages from friends or “liked pages” that you prefer to skip
- Use standard Facebook login to connect with your friends
- Read as far back in time as you wish by tapping “Older messages”
Why use Messages Aloud?
- Listen to your friends’ messages while driving, walking, in a meeting, at work, anywhere your eyes are otherwise occupied
- Keep your eyes on the road so that you don’t get pulled over for “texting while driving” or – worse – cause an accident
- Relax your eyes by listening to, instead of reading, your friends’ news
You can try some of these great features via the free version Messages Aloud Lite. It has many of the same capabilities of Messages Aloud Pro and reads aloud using the same lilting, easy-to-understand voice, but it contains advertising and is limited to reading aloud only the latest 10 messages at any one time.
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.