AppDictions App Review
Getting sick of the same old recipies? Add some variety back into dinnertime wit the help of iCookBook! With over 2,000 recipies from your favorite brands, including: Campbell’s, Del Monte, Heinz, Knorr, Nestle, Ragu, Skippy, and 45 others! Search by type of dish, ingredient, theme, cuisine, occasion, or brand.For the truly adventurous, try the “Stir” button to display a random group of recipes! Save your favorite recipes in “My Recipe Box”, visit the store for new recpies each month (or check out “Monthly Features”). Once you’ve selected a recipe to try out, click on the picture to display ingredients, classifications (theme, $ per serving, and level of difficulty), a notes section, and preparation directions. When you select “Prepare” you will see large typed instructions can either be paged through by touching the screen or by using the voice command option. iCookBook offers a vast array of other great features, like conversions, ingredient substitutions, times, shopping list makers, printing options, recipe sharing options through Facebook or email, and Meal Builder, to help you build a perfectly matched meal. With great graphics, a great user interface, and the monthly updates, iCookBook should become a staple in your kitchen to help you bring excitement back to mealtime!
iCookbook is the “Best-in-class” recipe and cooking app on the iPad. Designed to be the cooking application for everyday cooks. Developed by Publications International, Ltd., a recognized industry leader that published and sells more than 9 million cookbooks a year.
Like every good cookbook, iCookbook starts with great recipes! Over 2000 recipes specially selected by our editors, each individually kitchen-tested to ensure the best meal experience. Every recipe includes a beautiful full color photo, ingredient listing and preparation steps.
iCookbook includes something absolutely new: Voice Command for our Prepare Feature. Cooks can proceed through the preparation steps without touching the screen – just speak simple commands to move to the next step, manage timers, view notes, and more. Plus…
- An intuitive visual interface that makes finding recipes easy.
- Stir, which suggests a selection of recipes based on your search or filter criteria.
- Prepare, an enhanced display of the recipe a cook can read at a distance.
- Scalability for selected recipes
- My Recipe Box: Create a set of iCookbook favorites for easy retrieval, and add recipes of your own.
- Share Recipes via Facebook or email
- Print recipes and shopping lists wirelessly with AirPrint
- Personal Notes: add and save your ideas, substitutions, and comments to any recipe
- Kitchen Tools: Multiple timers, ingredient substitution lists and conversion charts
- Shopping List: Add ingredients directly from a recipe, add and remove items, then print or email your list.
- iCookbook Store: an in-app store where you can download FREE new recipe collections each month and purchase select recipe collections. With iCookbook, there will always be new ideas to try!
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later