AppDictions App Review
For those of us who love importing DVD files with uncommon file extensions, but wish you could watch them on your iPhone/iPod/iPad – GoodPlayer is what you have been waiting for! GoodPlayer helps convert files like AVI, Xvid, Divx, WMV ,MKV, RM, and RMVB into files that are compatible with the iOS Platform. Once converted, enjoy your favorite movies directly on your device and enjoy features like optional subtitles and forwarding through multiple audio tracks. If using an iPhone or iPad, GoodPlayer supports TV Out/GA, allowing you to enjoy your favorite movies and files on the big screen. While the developer is still working through some bugs, the app definitely holds promise and will be great once some updates are made. Long live your favorite movies!
No need to convert the media files before playing it, GoodPlayer can play AVI, Xvid, Divx, WMV ,MKV, RM, RMVB etc… files directly on iOS
devices. Just transfer the media files to your iOS devices by iTunes File Sharing or over Wi-Fi, then it can be played at once.
- swipe fingers to up and down on playing, to change the subtitle or turn off subtitle on the fly (for media files with subtitles)
- swipe fingers to left and right on playing, to change the audio track on the fly (for media files with multiple audio tracks)
- TV out/VGA out support ( for iPad & iPhone 4 & iPod Touch 4 , please note iPod plugin playing in application does not support TV-out, only native application playing support TV-out)
- Universal, supports iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
- srt subtitle supported
- mkv embedded subtitle supported
- kinds of subtitle language encoding method supported
- 24 bits true color, no color information missed
Please note: for iPad, it is strongly suggested that upgrading from iOS 3.x to iOS 4.x, this will give a GoodPlayer application big performance boost.
From customer’s feedback:
“First of all I would like to congratulate you on making an excellent product!
I have tested quite a few of the various play-all formats media players in the App store, but the picture quality, sharpness and depth of field of the GoodPlayer is so far the best.
Much better than Buzz player, AVPlayer and the OPlayer, to name but a few.” – by Richard
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation), and iPad. Requires iOS 3.2 or later