FlightHero Worldwide and local Flight Status Tracking with Airports Delays and Weather data for Airline flights App Review
AppDictions App Review
Schedules and appointments are hard enough to keep track of in a regular basis. Add airplanes (or any kind of transportation, for that matter) in the mix, and it is an absolute nightmare withconstantly delays, adjustments and other things that you have to consider and that sometimes render your tight schedule useless.
Fortunately, Ildar Khanov has developed a tool on the iPhone and iPad that allows you a little more breathing room. With FlightHero, you can track any airplane and set your schedule around it.
The FlightHero gives users the exact location of the aircraft, so that you could estimate their arrival at their destination. To make the times even more accurate, the application is able to provide you with the speed of the plane as well. That way, your estimation would be more or less on the dot.
There’s even other information that might just prove useful at one time or another. You will be alerted about delays, plus if you want to, informed about wind speed and wind direction. These factors are less sought out by people, but it is also significant information for those who are seeking an accurate picture of flight conditions.
Avoid getting lost as well by accessing the terminal maps that are available for the major airports or locate the nearest airport to you
Appearance-wise, FlightHero is an application that’s hard to beat. It is sleek and full of data without being cluttered and messy. All the information is right there, but the layout and simple color scheme makes it just right. It does not try to be cute, but it is sleek and matter-of-fact. FlightHero is perfect for business travellers.
The information you learn may be shared conveniently through SMS, email, Twitter or Facebook. After all, this is data that everyone would like to know. Now, you have access to it.
FlightHero is available at the App Store for $2.99 and well worth the price.
Promotional Launch Price
- 16225 Airports are located on the map. Out of those 4200 airports do have information on flight status and weather, the rest 12025 airports have limited coverage since they are very small or no flight coverage at all. Nevertheless, this is the largest airports coverage available in the AppStore as of 27 April 2012
- About 1560 airlines are covered. The vast majority of airlines are commercial airlines, however there are some charters and cargo been covered. Also this is the largest airlines coverage available in the AppStore as of 27 April 2012
- Arrival and Departure information
- Information about airport delays and the weather at the airport
- Exact location and the speed of the aircraft is diplayed on the geographical map for the US incoming or outbounding flights
- Share information about the flight status through SMS, Email, Twitter and Facebook
- Some major airports do have the plan of the terminals. You can download it all at once from the Settings menu or access on demand upons trying to browse.
- Find closest airports within 200 km from your current location
- Filter data for the Airport Departures and Arrivals based on the airlines, statuses, and time intervals
- Search for flights by Flight Number or by Route.
- Shortcut to a list of 5 recently viewed flights (the button in the upper right corner)
- 2 color schemes: day and night
29 languages supported:
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Melayu
- Tiếng Việt
- You have to understand that it's impossible to have 100% accuracy on the every single flight, however the overall flight data accuracy is very high.
- The search is performed only on direct flights
Compatible with iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad.Requires iOS 4.0 or later.