AppDictions App Review
Back In Black is a brilliant app which allows you to easily keep tabs on how much you are earning and spending.
All you have to do is enter your current income (you can get it to repeat monthly/bi-monthly etc. if you have a fixed rate) and then as you make/receive payments as time goes on, you simply add them accordingly. Similarly, you can add fixed expenses, for example: Rent Payments, Auto costs etc.. All of these are conveniently categorized already.
Back In Black is really handy for when you on the go. If you don’t have time to go to the bank or go online to check your balance, just whip out your iPhone/iPod and check (provided you enter all of your recent transactions).
Add on top of all this the ability to add goals and reminders and you have a real gem of a finance tracker!
Back In Black is currently listed in the App Store for $2.99. The user interface is easy to use and understand. If your looking for a way to track you finances we highly recomment Back In Black.
Debuted as the #1 Finance app in Canada! Reached #97 overall!
“Back in Black isn’t a casual-use app that just takes whatever information you input and outputs some pretty graphs, it’s a serious budgeting app that won’t work if you’re not willing to be serious yourself.” – app storm.net reviewer Tessa Thornton
“I use Back in Black more than any other app on my phone.” -app store USA
“This app really does what it sets out to do and is a great way of seeing just how much money you have left for the month” – app store UK
Introductory price! Visit BackinBlack.mobi for full details and a video demo.
FULL-FEATURED! Figure out your budget, set your goals then track your expenses
– Budgeting based on the ‘envelope method’
– As simple or as in-depth as you want
– Set reminders and track your payments
– Set financial goals and track your progress
– Supports local currency symbols and conventions
Back in Black will help you understand and take control of your personal finances, one month at a time. It boils your finances down to the essentials: how much money you earn and spend every month, and where your money is going, to get you Back in the Black!
- Enter income by frequency: one-time, daily, weekly, bi-weekly, bi-monthly, monthly and annually
- Create and organize fixed expenses by categories
- Select from 140 icons for fixed expense categories
- Enter fixed expenses by frequency: one-time, daily, weekly, biweekly, bimonthly, monthly and annually
- Set reminders to notify when payments are due
- Create notes for each fixed expense
- Fixed Expenses summary list with totals per category and overall
- Fixed Expenses category list with total per category
- All Fixed Expenses list with expenses grouped by category
- Select from a preset list of goals or create your own
- Take a snapshot to represent your goal using your camera, from your photo library, or by selecting one of the present images
- Open-ended saving: you decide how much you want to save each month
- Closed-ended saving: tweak your goal settings to achieve a combination of end date, total amount, and monthly installment that works for you
- Set reminders to notify when monthly installments are due
- Create notes for each goal
- Make adjustments at any time and your future payment schedule will automatically be recalculated
- Create, organize and set spending limits by categories (default category list includes General, Gas, Restaurants, Groceries, Clothing and Entertainment)
- Select from a preset list of spending categories or create your own
- Select from 140 icons for spending categories
- Quickly and easily enter new purchases from the budget summary screen, spending summary screen, or spending category screen
- Create notes for each purchase
- Spending summary list with totals per category and total spent/total remaining
- Spending category list with category total spent/category total remaining
- All Purchases list with purchases grouped by category
- Quick view of budget balance for past months (over, under or on-budget)
- Review all budget details for any previous month and make corrections if necessary
- Set reminders for Fixed Expenses to be notified when payments are due
- Set reminders for Goals to be notified when installments are due
- Fixed Expense reminders can be set to appear one day before, two days before, one week before, or on the due date of the expense
- Monthly Goal reminders can be set to appear on any day of the month
- Reminders appear as local notifications and are not dependent upon wireless access
- Reminders tab where you can view all of your current reminders and keep track of your payments
- Backup your entire budget in one tap and easily restore
- Email the backup file to yourself for safekeeping
- Backup and keep multiple versions of your budget
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 4.0 or later.