AppDictions App Review
Abbyy Business Card Reader – Get rid of your business card portfolio and rolodexes and go digital with Abbyy Business Card Reader! Using the iPhone’s camera, take a picture of any business card and transfer the data on that business card to your contact list. Abbyy Business Card Reader will also store the photo of the business card in the Cardholder section of the app that can be searched and sorted by last name, first name, company, or date for easy reference. With the ability to recognize 22 languages, this is the perfect app for global business travelers. If you want to know more information about your contacts, Abbyy Business Card Reader will search Facebook, Twitter, and on a map! Abbyy lets you try their app for free, with 3 free contact shots that will store first name, last name, and one phone number field. Eliminate the clutter and bring all your contacts with you with Abbyy Business Card Reader!
ABBYY BCR allows you to transfer your contacts from business cards into iPhone’s address book or CardHolder as well as to find more information about your contacts in Facebook, Twitter or on the Map!
Use two main features of this application:
- Transfer your contact data into iPhone’s address book. ABBYY Business Card Reader determines the type of contact data (first name, last name, phone number, address, etc.) and transfers this data into corresponding fields of the address book.
- Store business card images in CardHolder – an archive that allows you to search and sort business cards by first name, last name, company, job title, email address and date of addition. CardHolder also highlights business card areas with phone numbers, email addresses and web links that you can tap to make a call, write a message or open required website.
The application is compatible with iPhone 4, 3GS and 3G. iPhone OS version 3.1 and Griffin Clarifi Case required for iPhone 3G
- CardHolder is a special archive of business card images along with their recognized data. You can search and sort these images by contact’s first name, last name, company and the date of addition.
- CardHolder highlights business card areas with contact data that you can tap to make a call, write a message or open required website.
- Social Network Search: find information about your new contact on the most popular Social Networks such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter instantly!
- Address search in Maps: recognize your contact and instantly find the address.
- There is no need to check each symbol after recognition – it highlights uncertain recognized symbols
- ABBYY Business Card Reader merges recognized information with an existing contact
- Recognizes business cards in 20 languages, including multilingual cards:
- Norwegian (both Bokmal and Nynorsk)
- Portuguese (Brazilian)
You can try the Free version of ABBYY Business Card Reader
“I’m pretty impressed with the ABBYY Business Card Reader…” Dan Cohen, Gear Diary
“The app worked like a charm…” Ingus Bukss, ABBYY customer
Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. Requires iOS 3.1 or later